Total Pageviews

Friday 1 May 2015

ANSELM AGAIN


My little French booklet printed this prayer of St Anselm's yesterday, and it has been running through my head:

O my God, teach my heart where and how to seek You,
where and how to find You.
.
You are my God and You are my all and I have never seen You.
You have made me and remade me,
You have bestowed on me all the good things I possess,
Still I do not know You.
.
I have not yet done that for which I was made.
Teach me to seek You.
I cannot seek You unless You teach me
or find You unless You show Yourself to me.
.
Let me seek You in my desire,
let me desire You in my seeking.
Let me find You by loving You,
let me love You when I find You.

Amen

That does rather sum it up. Let us pray this until we can think of something better.

No comments:

Post a Comment