Total Pageviews

Monday 4 January 2016

THE WAY WE ARE


It may seem idle on my part, but today's little note by Sr Bénédicte de la Croix, a Cistercian from the Vaucluse (where Petrarch lived), read like a useful extension of Sr Emmanuelle's post yesterday. So here it is, a commentary on Psalm 2:

"'You are my son: today I have begotten you.' This verse from Psalm 2 is my nourishment, as it was that of Jesus during his public life. Loved by the Father we are: wanted, desired from all eternity. Whether believers or savagely allergic to religion, God loves each of his children with a choosing love. The hardest thing is to believe in this tenderness, to discern it on the face of Christ from Christmas morning to the dawn of the Resurrection. In this beginning of the year when everything is still possible, let us allow ourselves to be embraced by this certainty: God loves me the way I am!" 



No comments:

Post a Comment